Phantom: Once Upon Another Time, Il sequel di ALW

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 20/8/2008, 19:58

Group:

Il Daily Express riporta una notizia sul prossimo sequel!

Il titolo sarà Phantom: Once Upon Another Time.

Il Fantasma sarà interpretato da Gerard Butler! Webber vuole Gerard Butler per questo ruolo e dopo il tour del musical realizzerà un film trato a questo musical!

Ecco l'articolo del 3 giugno:

HOLLYWOOD Scot Gerard Butler is in talks to take to the stage with a starring role in a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera.
The 38-year-old, who shot to worldwide fame as King Leonidas in high-tech battle epic 300, is the number one target for Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Lloyd Webber is returning to the story of the love-struck deformed genius who lived beneath the Paris Opera House.
The impresario wants to bring Butler to the London stage as the Phantom, a role he played in the 2004 film.
He said: "I have got my own new show coming on next year, which is my sequel to The Phantom of the Opera, which I think is going to be called Phantom: Once Upon Another Time.
"But that will come on in November next year, if everything goes well."
A source said that Butler would be Lloyd Webber's only choice for the Phantom again - even though the film version, in which the musical peer had a large financial stake, failed to recover its £30million investment at the box office.
It is also understood Paisley-born Butler is unsure about revisiting the role as his career has now turned more to action films.
However, Lloyd Webber seems determined to land the star, with the promise of a film sequel once the musical has finished its successful run.
A source said: "Because it's a sequel to a film which helped the career rise of Gerard, Lord Andrew believes he will do it. There could be another film down the line.
"There is a massive audience out there who love the original, another is that he could run the casting for the West End show as a film, too."
Directed by Joel Schumacher, the 2004 film co-starred newcomer Emmy Rossum as the young opera singer Christine with whom the Phantom falls in love.
Although she is fascinated and drawn towards the Phantom, she falls in love with childhood sweetheart, Raoul.
The Phantom gets madly jealous, kidnaps Christine, and threatens to kill Raoul.
She, to save Raoul, agrees to marry the Phantom and kisses him. He then realises what he's done and makes Christine go with Raoul, disappearing forever.

Secondo altri umor il ruolo del Fantasma dovrebbe essere interpretato da John Barrowman!

Il musical dovrebbe arrivare nei teatri a fine di novembre 2009.

Secondo quanto dice Webber il sequel sarà ancora più bello dell'originale! E questo fa davvero ben sperare!

Glenn Slater (che ha scrtto le nuove canzoni con Alan Menken per il musical della Sirenetta) è coinvolto nel musical.

Jack O'Brien dirigerà il musical.

Bob Crowley si occupa del design.

Web  Top
Christine Daae
view post Posted on 20/8/2008, 20:29

Che meraviglia! Sono così contenta *_* : ma dite che nel film useranno gli stessi attori? Speriamo di sì...

view post Posted on 20/8/2008, 20:49

Group:

Nel film dovrebbe esserci Gerard Butler, di Emmy Rossume degli altri non parla...

Nel musical invece non ci sarà Gerard Butler... attualmente si è pensato a un nuovo attore.

Web  Top
Christine Daae
view post Posted on 20/8/2008, 20:57

Ah,bene...Per il film be sarebbe bello mantenere almeno i tre principali: Christine,Raoul ed Erik poi gli altri ,tipo Meg ,con il passare del tempo può essere cambiata...Ma poi si vedrà : io sinceramente non vedo l'ora!!!

view post Posted on 20/8/2008, 21:15

Group:

Pensiamo che però Christine dovrebbe essere più vecchia, dovrebbe avere circa 30anni.

Web  Top
Christine Daae
view post Posted on 20/8/2008, 21:26

O___o 30? Ed Erik allora? O_____o se lei aveva 16 e lui 33 anni ne aggiungiamo 14 ad entrambi mi viene un 47 enne...Bhe ...sì,sì può ancora fare xD
(Scusate i miei ragionamenti xD)

Beh, con il trucco Emmy si può invecchiare alla fine certi scenografi ecc...Sono dei maghi in questo ^^

view post Posted on 20/8/2008, 21:52

Group:

Sì in effetti col trucco tutto è possibile!

Ecco un articolo del 16 luglio che riguarda il musical:

Wed 16 Jul 2008

Phantom: Once Upon Another Time:
Lloyd Webber reveals first act of
his Phantom sequel

The New York Post reports that Andrew Lloyd Webber revealed the first act to his sequal to Phantom of the Opera at his annual Sydmonton Festival, which took place two weeks ago.

The concert reading was narrated by director Jack O'Brien, who is to helm the show when it plays in London's West End, where it is expected to bow in Nov 2009.

There are apparently no plans. at present, to bring the production to Broadway, but considering the success of Phantom of the Opera, Broadway's longest running show ever, it should not be long before the production crosses the Atlantic, if it is received well in London.

The New York Post report descirbes Phantom: Once Upon Another Time has being "Set in 1906 in Coney Island. The Phantom, having fled Paris, is running a freak show. At night, he crawls into his lair and makes love to an automaton that looks like Christine.

Christine, meanwhile, has become a famous opera singer. But she's fallen on hard times because her husband, Raoul, has squandered their fortune. So she's accepted a high-paying gig from a mysterious impresario to open a new amusement park. On her first night in New York, she draws back the curtain in her hotel suite and comes face to face with her new employer - flash of lightning, crash of chords - the Phantom!

Christine has a child, Gustave, but is his father Raoul or the Phantom?

Phantom: Once Upon Another Time has book by Ben Elton, with lyrics by Glenn Slater, lyricist for the Disney musical The Little Mermaid and design by Bob Crowley.

Work on a sequel began almost a decade ago when the author Frederick Forsyth was asked to write a sequel to the story in the original Phantom of the Opera. In 1998, at a concert held at London's Royal Albert Hall to celebrate his 50th birthday, Lloyd Webber revealed the song "The Heart Is Slow to Learn," performed by opera diva Kiri Te Kanawa, written for the sequel.

The composer dropped the idea of a Phantom of the Opera sequal in 1999 to work on his musical 'The Beautiful Game'. Author Frederick Forsythe then published, in 1999, the story he had written for the musical as a novel named 'The Phantom of Manhattan.'

La parte evidenziata in blu indica la storia del nuovo musical!

Webber ha detto che il nuovo capitolo sarà ancora più bello del precedente!

Web  Top
Christine Daae
view post Posted on 20/8/2008, 22:03

Ma ho letto bene? Fa il fenomeno da barracone ? ç____ç Ma Erik mi cade così in basso?
xD Comunque... Il bimbolo...C'è un bimbolo...Oh, speriamo nn sia di Raoul xD

(Excuse me ,Raoul~De~ Chagny xD Non ce l'ho con te xD )

Usagi_Tsukino
view post Posted on 21/8/2008, 10:07

CITAZIONE (Christine Daae @ 20/8/2008, 23:03)
Ma ho letto bene? Fa il fenomeno da barracone ? ç____ç Ma Erik mi cade così in basso?
xD Comunque... Il bimbolo...C'è un bimbolo...Oh, speriamo nn sia di Raoul xD

(Excuse me ,Raoul~De~ Chagny xD Non ce l'ho con te xD )

o________O a me questa storia non piace moltissimo... Io avrei messo più mistero come nella prima parte del musical ... -_-

view post Posted on 21/8/2008, 10:35

Group:

No, no, non è che Erik fa il fenomeno da baraccone... è diventato un impresario!

In effetti la trama è un po' confusionaria... però Erik non sarà tornato come quando era bambino deriso da tutti... anzi da quanto abbiamo capito sembra che abbia avuto successo in America...

Webber ha detto che questo seguito sarà più bello del precedente!

Web  Top
Christine Daae
view post Posted on 21/8/2008, 10:45

u.u Excuse me... Ma ho tradotto male u.u purtroppo io in Inglese sono una mezza frana xD Ottimo!!! Allora non è come pensavo ^^ Ma pensa te che cosa sono andata a tradurre xD Mi comprerò un dizionario di Inglese e me lo terrò vicino al pc xD

view post Posted on 21/8/2008, 11:08

Group:

Non ti preoccpuare anche noi spesso traduciamo male...

Web  Top
voodoogirl89
view post Posted on 21/8/2008, 23:12

ah già mi ero scordata di questo sequel <.<
direi che andrew con questa trama scassa tutto quello che ha costruito <.< <.<
La mia supplica è---> TI PREGO NON LO FAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Ad ogni modo U_U vi interesserà sapere (come ho letto tra le varie notizie sul sito di andrew xD) che il suo gatto OTTO (un genio U_U morto investito :cry: ) si è mangiato i fogli con i progetti del padrone per il sequel xD
ma non riesco più a trovare la notizia ç_ç

view post Posted on 21/8/2008, 23:16

Group:

Sì sì è tutta vera la storia del gatto, ma poi adesso ha già scritto quasi tutto il primo atto come ha detto in un articolo del 16 luglio 2008!

Andrew è entusiasta! Dice che sarà ancora più bello del precedente quindi c'è da crederci! Arriverà in teatro verso novembre 2009 a Londra.

Web  Top
voodoogirl89
view post Posted on 21/8/2008, 23:18

CITAZIONE
Andrew è entusiasta! Dice che sarà ancora più bello del precedente quindi c'è da crederci! Arriverà in teatro verso novembre 2009 a Londra.

mah u_u mah u_u *diffida* ._.

16 replies since 20/8/2008, 19:58   203 views